So, it’s been quite a LONG while since I’ve posted anything! Or given any updates or talked about current and completed projects and new additions and whatnot. I know I’ve been awful with it! So, in a nutshell, here are some of the updates and going-ons about my Long Island life at present (in no particular order):
– I got to go to the Connecticut Renaissance Faire a few weekends ago. I wore my new gambeson and full armor, and slowly stripped off layer after layer of clothing during the day, due to the heat, until I was in nothing but that gambeson and my leather corset. Which was pretty cool looking, still ^.^
– I am now in the process of adding to the gambeson to get it ready for this coming weekend, where I will be attending the New York Anime Festival. I’m adding a waist cincher portion which matches the gambeson (these things will make a lot more sense when I have time to post up pics of them). I’m going for some sort of “water elf” type look. Maybe?
– I’m still working at the library! And I have recently dicovered a guilty pleasure in Karen Marie Moning’s “Highlander” series. *ahem*
– I just got the word that Auerion has a new job! I’m so proud of him and am really excited that he and Griswold will be able to move in together as a result. Finally! He can stop concerning the neighbors with his kilt!
– Little Ari has been the recipient of a lot of new clothes lately. I am most proud of her new khaki pants, made from my old khakis that I cut off into capri pants earlier in the summer. I also created her a little wool coat with a rabbit fur collar. She’s all ready for fall ^.^
– And finally, I’m happy to announce that Gilan (the much-anticipated Resinsoul Song) has finally arrived home. He and Little Ari have become fast friends, even though he treats her like a chivalrous older brother might treat his younger sister, and she treats him more like eye candy. It also doesn’t help that they don’t speak the same language (I don’t know, I think he just came programmed speaking Elvish…) For for information on Gilan (aka, boy toy), check out Dollieh Sanctuary, username paladinari. 🙂
Bonus Photostory (which doesn’t seem significant enough to post up on Dollieh Sanctuary, but it’s a good way to introduce Gilan):
Little Ari: Gilan! It’s time for your English….
Little Ari: …less…on. What are you…?
Little Ari: *flusters, blushing* Oh, shirtless! We’re going shirtless today, are we?
Gilan: *shrugs* Ae anírach.
Little Ari: *flustered* Um… right… So, since I couldn’t find an Elvish Rosetta Stone… um… Gaelic seems to be the way to go… (Oh, shirtless!) Um… right, teaching English now. (Must… avert…. eyes… from… bishi-ness…) You have strange, elf ways, don’t you?
Gilan: *shrugs* Goheno nin. Eh… *struggles with language, picking up slowly* You are… red?
Little Ari: *blushes* Right! English lessons! Let’s get to work! (So we can finally understand each other)