The Paladin Project is happy to celebrate its 250th post in conjunction with the new year!
It’s been a phenomenal year of blogging, learning, crafting, and growing and, once again, I’d like to thank all of my readers (regulars and accidentals!) for your continued support and interest in what I do. Without all of you, who else would I be able to celebrate my achievements with? So thank you!
In honor of this monumental post, I thought it might be nice for me to flip back through the year and choose what I think were the highlights of my blogging experience. Some posts I chose because they were super popular on the Internet. Some received an amazing amount of feedback from my readers. And some were just very close to my heart in writing. I originally wanted to choose my top ten favorites, but that expanded to my top 20 (when I couldn’t choose!).
I’m listing my top 20 in chronological order, not in ranking (since I would find that impossible to do), beginning with the birth of my blog up until now. Hopefully you’ll enjoy these highlights as much as I have, and I hope that you’ll continue to follow me and my blog into 2011! Thank you for reading!
1) Ask a Paladin (4/15/2010)- Probably my favorite post of all time because of all the back and forth conversations it began with Ari’s friends, Denya, Auerion, and Griswold!
2) Another Epic Saturday (4/25/2010)- An epic retelling of one of our D&D adventures, which ended right at the point of entering a dungeon (which we are still in)
3) Presenting the Companionship of the Dagger (5/23/2010)- A post about the spring Connecticut Renaissance Faire, at which our entire D&D group was able to walk around as cosplaying unit
4) Where Do I Go from Here? (5/24/2010)- A discussion of my ConnectiCon 2010 plans
5) The Fantasy is Over (7/14/2010)- A post about ConnectiCon
6) Midsummer Magick Faerie Festival (8/1/2010)- Exactly what it says, a post about the fun we had at the Faerie Festival, complete with pictures!
7) Why Steampunk is NOT Cosplay (8/3/2010)- My most trafficked blog post of all time (and one of my most hotly debated)
8 ) Would the Real Princess Zelda Please Stand Up? (8/4/2010)- I begin to discuss the differences in Zelda costumes and the models I might use for cosplay purposes
August 4, 2010- I get 100 hits on my blog for the first time!
9) Someone’s Not Making it the Night (8/7/2010)- Yet another epic D&D retelling, with a prediction!
10) Heart of the Paladin (8/8/2010)- Yet another heavily trafficked post, which discusses Ari’s actions in the dungeon we are currently in. Also holds the record for the most heavily trafficked post in a single week (an image from this post has recently reached top ranking on Google for images of “paladin”, leading to a major surge in hits for hits for this particular post)
11) UNYCosplay Picnic 2010 (8/15/2010)- A review of the 2010 UNYCosplay Picnic, held in Saratoga Springs, New York
12) Slight Obsession (8/16/2010)- I begin to talk about my infatuation with ball-jointed dolls, why I want one, and which ones had captured my attention
13) Find of the Day: Elf Sex (8/22/2010)- After getting into a conversation where we wondered how long the long-lived elves are pregnant for, I came across this interesting article discussing Tolkien’s view of things…
14) Sexy Halloween (9/8/2010)- My rant on the inappropriate and ludicrous costumes “they” think the consumer would like to buy
15) Princess Buttercup: The Reveal (9/26/2010)- I finally reveal the end product of Denya’s Princess Buttercup gown, complete with fabulous photos
16) Find of the Day: Ranger’s Apprentice (10/26/2010)- My review of one of my favorite book series: The Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan
17) Coming Full Circle (11/11/2010)- I finally realize that I fell in love with the Bobobie Mei doll back in August and that it was silly to be looking at Obitsus when they weren’t exactly what I wanted…
18) Inventory (11/26/2010)- My newly adopted Mei helps me to show off my fabric inventory!
19) Find of the Day: Unlimited Bladeworks (11/27/2010)- A review of Fate/Stay Night and my hopes for Unlimited Bladeworks
20) Senpai Magazine Does it Again! (12/21/2010)- A final Senpai Magazine plug for 2010!